Upgrading from the previous version of Dev
End of Support Notice
Tasktop Dev Enterprise no longer supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. Tasktop Dev Enterprise supports Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and 2015. Please note that Microsoft has removed support for Visual Studio 2010 as well.
Your system must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of Tasktop Dev:
Supported Operating Systems
Windows, Mac OS X, Linux.
Official supported versions:
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (x86, x64)
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Mac OS X El Capitan
Hard Disk Space: 1 GB free
CPU: 2 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2 GB
Display: 1280×1024 or higher resolution
Required Software (Eclipse):
- Java 8
- .NET Framework 2.0 is required on Windows
- Eclipse 4.5 or higher client:
Required Software (Visual Studio)
- Visual Studio 2012, 2013 or 2015 Professional, Premium, Ultimate
Required Software (Standalone):
- Java 8 or later is required for non-Windows operating systems
- .NET Framework 2.0 is required to run the Tasktop application on Windows
See the Platform Limitations for more information about the supported operating systems.
- 52222: Visual Studio now supports writing and viewing HTML-based comments.
- 49618: All relevant link fields in the Task Editor’s Links section for CA Agile Central will be shown.
- 49545: When adding new links via the task editor, only tasks of acceptable types are listed.
- 46929: Duration fields in task editor now support entering “0” duration.
- 51025: CA Agile Central fields hidden at the workspace level are not shown in the task editor.
- 48735: Tasks that are assigned to the active user have a gold task icon in the task list.
- 48734: Added a filter option for tasks owned by the user in the Visual Studio task list.
- 48733: Tasks in the Visual Studio tasklist now have a tooltip when hovering over them displaying information such as priority, summary, owner, and status.
- 48556: Visual Studio users can select multiple tasks to add to the Pending Changes comment.
This is a partial list of changes. Please visit https://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/ to view additional noteworthy changes.
- 45630: Made some changes to the task list scheduled presentation, including adding support for configurable sorting.
- 50732: Jenkins 2.7.3 is now supported.
- 48678: The reviews table in the task editor shows the branch of each review and provides a rich tooltip like the task list.
- 49935: The scheduled date for newly created tasks can be configured in preferences.